Voters Roll

Why Should you Vote?

The Council members make a range of important decisions and contribute to shaping the sort of place the Council area will be in the future. Your vote is about choosing the candidates you would prefer to make decisions about what happens in your local area in the future. It is your right to have a say by voting in Local Government elections.

Are you Eligible to Enrol to Vote?

You are eligible to enrol to vote if you are 18 years of age or above and you are a resident, ratepayer, or occupier of property in the Council area.

Are you on the Council Voters Roll?

You will automatically appear on the Council voters roll, and receive a postal ballot pack if you are already on the State electoral roll which means you vote in State Government elections.

You are eligible to apply to be on the Electoral Roll if you are:

  • A sole owner of property in the Council area, either as an individual or as a body corporate
  • A group (individuals, or bodies corporate, or a combination of the two) and are joint owners, or owners in common.

For occupiers of property (either residential or business), you will automatically be enrolled only if the Council has your occupancy details on the assessment records. If not, you need to complete an enrolment from available from the Council.

Have you Changed your Address Recently?

If you have changed either your residential address or your postal address and have not completed a change of enrolment form, you will need to fill out a change of address form, available from any Post Office or Electoral office, or visit the Australian Electoral Commission website at

Would you like more Information about Council Elections or standing as a Candidate?

You can contact the Council, on telephone 8688 2101 or email, or call into any of the Council Office.

Would you like more Information about Voting Procedures?

Contact the Electoral Commisson SA on 1300 655 232 (within SA), 08 7424 7400, or visit The Local Government Association produces a booklet called "So you want to be a Councillor". If you would like further information about Elections or a copy of the book please contact the Local Government Association website or contact the Council.